I specialize in treating sensory processing sensitivity (Highly Sensitive Person trait), chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia and PTSD/Veterans. Additional specialties include depression, anxiety, older adults/Gerontology as well as grief and loss.
I incorporate a strongly supportive, empathetic approach with all my clients. Together, we will identify solutions to fit your individual situation and we will create a plan for better living.
I utilize evidence-based practices in my work including cognitive, cognitive-behavioral, solution-focused, cognitive processing therapy and mindfulness techniques. Mindfulness is a transformative tool that can be utilized easily for lasting change. Elements of mindfulness are infused throughout most of my work as it is such a powerful healing technique.
- B.A. Psychology, magna cum laude-Saint Mary College, Leavenworth, KS
- MSW – Master in Social Work, summa cum laude – University of Kansas
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, UMKC
- LSCSW – KS
- HSP Competent Therapist (listed on Dr. Elaine Aron’s website)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Trauma Systems Therapy
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Grief and Loss – David Kessler
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Veterans’ Voices Writing Project Board Member
- NASW Member
- PAINS (Pain Action Alliance to Implement a National Strategy) Member